The Loan & Savings Ministry welcomes deposits to fund loans to Indiana United Methodist churches and agencies. Click below to learn more about investment opportunities.
Deposit Rates, effective 12/1/2022:
Certificate of Participation $1000 minimum deposit
- 6 months 2.75%
- 9 months 3.00%
- 1 year 3.75%
- 18 months 4.25%
- 3 years 4.50%
- 5 years 4.75%
- IRA Certificate 4.50%
Savings Account $25 minimum
- Savings Accounts earn 2.50%
- IRA Savings Account 2.50%
All rates are subject to change.
Who Can Deposit?
Individuals affiliated with Wesleyan-based churches, including but not limited to the United Methodist and Global Methodist churches who reside in the following states may make a deposit:
- North Carolina (in some cases)
What is a United Methodist Affiliation?
- A member, contributor, or participant of a Wesleyan-based church, including but not limited to the United Methodist and Global Methodist churches (hereafter referred to simply as a Wesleyan-based church)
- An employee of a Wesleyan-based church entity
- A person who is a spouse, parent, child, or grandchild of a Wesleyan-based church member, contributor, participant, or employee
- Wesleyan-based churches and agencies in the state of Indiana may also make deposits.
You must be at least 18 years of age or have an adult co-owner.
The following options are available to make a deposit in the Loan & Savings Ministry:
- Savings Account — You can open a savings account with as little as $25, and you can make withdrawals at any time.
- Certificates of Participation — With a minimum of $1,000, you can open a Certificate of Participation. Early withdrawal does initiate a penalty. 6, 9, or 18 month or 1, 3, or 5 year investment terms are available.
- IRA Investments — You can make an IRA investment in savings or in three-year certificates. Contact our office for more information and forms.
Open an Account
To open an account, please follow these instructions:
- Read the offering circular – 2022 Offering Circular
- Fill out either a Certificate of Participation or a Savings Account application form.
- Mail your completed application, along with a check for your investment, to the Loan & Savings office.
To request a first-time depositor packet, which includes an offering circular and a Certificate of Participation or Savings Account application form, email us or call us at 877-391-8811.