The Loan & Savings Ministry welcomes deposits to fund loans to Indiana United Methodist churches and agencies. Click below to learn more about investment opportunities.
Deposit Rates, effective 12/1/2020:
Certificate of Participation $1000 minimum deposit
- 6 months 0.65%
- 9 months 0.70%
- 1 year 0.85%
- 18 months 1.20%
- 3 years 1.80%
- 5 years 2.30%
- IRA Certificate 1.80%
Savings Account $25 minimum
- Savings Accounts earn 0.35%
- IRA Savings Account 0.35%
All rates are subject to change.
Who Can Deposit?
Individuals affiliated with a United Methodist church who reside in the following states may make a deposit:
- North Carolina (in some cases)
What is a United Methodist Affiliation?
- A member, contributor, or participant of a United Methodist church
- An employee of a United Methodist entity
- A person who is a spouse, parent, child, or grandchild of a United Methodist member, contributor, participant, or employee
- United Methodist churches and agencies in the state of Indiana may also make deposits.
You must be at least 18 years of age or have an adult co-owner.
The following options are available to make a deposit in the Loan & Savings Ministry:
- Savings Account — You can open a savings account with as little as $25, and you can make withdrawals at any time.
- Certificates of Participation — With a minimum of $1,000, you can open a Certificate of Participation. Early withdrawal does initiate a penalty. 6, 9, or 18 month or 1, 3, or 5 year investment terms are available.
- IRA Investments — You can make an IRA investment in savings or in three-year certificates. Contact our office for more information and forms.
Open an Account
To open an account, please follow these instructions:
- Read the offering circular – 2020 Offering Circular
- Fill out either a Certificate of Participation or a Savings Account application form.
- Mail your completed application, along with a check for your investment, to the Loan & Savings office.
To request a first-time depositor packet, which includes an offering circular and a Certificate of Participation or Savings Account application form, email us or call us at 877-391-8811.