Sitting on the banks of the Wabash River in Carroll County is the city of Delphi. The Delphi United Methodist Church has been at the heart of this community since 1826. The original, historic building was well-loved and maintained, but happily, the congregation had long outgrown it. After many years of long-range planning, they determined that the building was inhibiting their dream for further growth. In January 2007, the building committee was formed and began to look for land. Their first choice was farm land just south of Delphi High School. Initially the land was not for sale, and they did search for other locations. Then, gratefully, the owner eventually agreed to sell them 20 acres. It definitely seemed like God had a plan for this church’s new location!
In the Fall of 2011, the first building phase was completed. It includes an all-purpose Community Life Center, classrooms, kitchen and an innovative children’s wing. This church has a vital, growing congregation, with many ministries. We believe that this is just one of many UM churches that should be recognized for growing God’s Kingdom. The Loan Fund was pleased to be able to assist this church with the financing for this project. We can only do this with your support!